Transform your home’s appearance with the modern look of a glass and aluminum garage door
Modernize your home with our popular line-up of aluminum and glass garage doors. The durable aluminum frame is available in a number of colors, including clear, black and bronze anodized, to complement your home style. Multiple glass options allow you to bring as much or as little natural light in as well as control the level of privacy.Download Product Brochure
Clopay® Avante® Collection garage doors are constructed with aluminum and glass panels, lending a clean and modern aesthetic to any home or building. Avante® doors come with a five-year warranty on the finish and a three-year warranty on hardware. The collection offers two models, the Avante AV and the Avante AX. Both models are characterized by the following features:
- Durable, low-maintenance 2-1/8" commercial grade aluminum frame with many glazing options.
- Frame and solid aluminum panels available in choice of anodized and powder-coated finishes.
- Tempered full-view glass, acrylic or solid aluminum panel options. Insulated glass garage door panels are available for increased energy efficiency.
- Choose from our selection of aluminum garage door panel colors: White, Bronze, Brown, Clear Anodized, Bronze Anodized, Black Anodized.
- ColorBlast custom colors available.
- Color-matched aluminum grip handle.
- WINDCODE® product available. (Click for details)
Pros and Cons of Glass Garage DoorsBoth modern and contemporary garage doors often feature glass panels, which have a number of advantages and disadvantages. Let's start with the pros:
- It improves curb appeal. The striking nature of a glass garage door is sure to boost the curb appeal of your home. This is actually the primary reason homeowners opt for glass garage doors.
- It opens up your garage space. Installing a glass garage door allows natural light inside your garage, which turns this otherwise dark and dingy place into a bright, welcoming one. With light coming in, you may be encouraged to use this space in other ways.
- It's surprisingly strong. Glass garage doors are not made from brittle, easily breakable glass, but rather tempered glass that's just as strong as aluminum or wood panels. If you want to take your security to the next level — and have the budget to do so — you can even have the panels made from bulletproof glass.
- No painting necessary. When it comes to many other types of garage doors, painting or staining is required every few years. With glass garage doors, however, the only thing you need to do is wipe them down with a soft cloth and some glass cleaner every couple of months.
- Weight: Glass garage doors are quite heavy, so if you're retrofitting the door you currently have with glass panels, chances are you'll need to install a stronger opener, too.
- Cost: Tempered glass panels aren't cheap, especially if they're high-quality. And if you'd like to get them tinted or have a design etched on, that will up the cost even more. Glass panels are a luxury, and, like most luxuries, they are pricey.
- Limited applicability: While glass garage doors may look fantastic on a contemporary minimalist home, they're going to look a little odd on a Victorian or a bungalow. Before spending the money to install a glass garage door, make sure the door will go well with the rest of your exterior.
- Limited insulation: Whereas hollow panel steel, fiberglass and aluminum garage doors can be filled in with insulation, all-glass panels do not have this advantage — unless you opt for double-paned glass panels, which will provide much better insulation but also increase the cost of the project.
LIFTMASTER® ELITE SERIES™
Clopay Recommends LiftMaster® Elite Series® openers for these garage doors. These openers have a range of features that truly make lives easier.
Updated December 18, 2019
GRAY TINTED GLASS
BRONZE TINTED GLASS
WHITE LAMINATE GLASS
FROSTED (SATIN ETCHED) GLASS OR FROSTED ACRYLIC
CLEAR ANODIZED (ALUMINUM PANEL)
For more information regarding construction options per panel style, click here
CLEAR ALUMINUM (ANODIZED)
DARK BRONZE (ANODIZED)
Optional Aluminum Grip Handle
Clopay® Avante® Collection garage doors are manufactured in the United States by expert craftspeople. These glass and aluminum doors can be built with tempered glass (optional insulated glass), acrylic, polygal or solid aluminum frame panels. The replaceable vinyl bottom weather seal in a rust-free aluminum retainer protects your garage (or any other room where your door is installed) from the outside elements.