Modern Steel™ Collection garage doors perfectly complement contemporary and mid-century modern home styles
Modern Steel™ garage doors perfectly complement contemporary and mid-century modern home styles. Doors are available with or without grooves in multiple paint and Ultra-Grain® finishes to create the perfect look for your home.Download Product Brochure
Modern Steel™ Garage Doors in Omaha, Nebraska
Modern Steel™ garage doors are available with a wide variety of options to suit your taste and your home’s appearance. Whether your home is mid-century modern, contemporary, or somewhere in between, these beautiful and durable steel-panel garage doors will add curb appeal to your home's exterior.
Pros of Modern Steel Garage Doors
Steel is a popular choice for garage doors for numerous reasons, including:
- Durability: Steel is highly durable and heartily withstands the elements when well-maintained. It also offers strong protection against punctures.
- High security: Your garage door forms an important barrier against unwanted entry into your home. Steel garage doors provide exceptional strength to help thwart bad actors.
- Low maintenance needs: By nature, steel has fewer maintenance needs than many other construction materials. You'll invest less time in making sure it looks as good as it did the day you had it installed.
- Design flexibility: You can express your home's personality with custom touches. Add windows, choose from a large color selection or tailor the look with different panel styles.
Cons of Modern Steel Garage Doors
Modern Steel garage doors also have characteristics that may make them less than ideal for every homeowner. These include:
- Impact sensitivity: While steel is durable, its ability to withstand an impact depends on its thickness. Homes in areas next to golf courses or those with active children playing sports nearby may want to consider another option.
- The need for insulation: Steel is not known for its insulating properties and doesn't provide high energy efficiency on its own. However, the Clopay Modern Steel garage door features up to three layers of insulation with options for exclusive Intellicore® technology to bolster efficiency and reduce energy costs.
- Corrosion sensitivity: Without proper maintenance, steel can be susceptible to rust. Clopay uses pretreatments, primers and a rust-resistant finish for layered protection against oxidation.
- Available in 3, 2 or 1-layer steel and insulation construction options.
- Garage door insulation options include 2" or 1-3/8" Intellicore® polyurethane, 2", 1-3/8", 1-5/16" polystyrene.
- Insulated door R-values range from 4.4 to 18.4.
- The steel skins are protected by the use of a tough, layered coating system, which includes a hot-dipped galvanized layer and baked-on primer and top coat.
- WINDCODE® door reinforcement product available for high wind load applications. (Click for details)
- Available as either a flush or grooved steel panel design.
- Steel surface textures vary by model and paint surface. See chart here for more details
- 13 factory finish options available, including Ultra-Grain® wood-look finishes.
- Many glass and window size options available including insulated, frosted, slim, and long and short designs.
- Optional window grilles can be removed for easy cleaning.
Buy Modern Steel Garage Doors from the Omaha-Area Pros
AAA Garage Doors is the trusted source for Clopay garage door installation, replacement, maintenance and repair in Omaha and the surrounding neighborhoods. We've proudly served our neighbors for over two decades with high-quality products, prompt responses and a knowledgeable team.
Clopay doors are compliant with environmental laws and regulations. Clopay doors do not contain HFCs. All Clopay doors are compliant with:
- California SB 1013
- Washington HB 1112 – Hydrofluorocarbon Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Canadian regulations amending the ozone-depleting substances and halocarbon alternatives regulations
- New Jersey A-5583/S-3919 – Greenhouse Gas Bill
FLUSH WITH WINDOWS*
GROOVED WITH WINDOWS*
Flush with full view long panel windows*
Flush panel with short windows*
GROOVED WITH LONG PANEL WINDOWS*
Grooved full view with short panel windows*
Flush with Contemporary Slim Windows
For size and color availability, click here
CONTEMPORARY SLIM WINDOWS
CONTEMPORARY SLIM IN SILVER***
CONTEMPORARY SLIM IN SILVER
CONTEMPORARY SLIM IN BLACK***
CONTEMPORARY SLIM IN BLACK
DECORATIVE INSERT SERIES WINDOWS
COLONIAL 509 DECORATIVE INSERT
CHARLESTON 508 DECORATIVE INSERT
STOCKTON 612 DECORATIVE INSERT
CHARLESTON 608 DECORATIVE INSERT
MADISON 611 DECORATIVE INSERT
PRAIRIE 510 DECORATIVE INSERT
MADISON ARCH 613
MADISON ARCH 613 DECORATIVE INSERT
PRAIRIE 610 DECORATIVE INSERT
SUNSET 501 - MODERN AND CLASSIC
PLAIN WINDOW DECORATIVE INSERT
CLASSIC PLAIN LONG
ARCHITECTURAL SERIES WINDOWS
CLASSIC PLAIN SHORT
SHORT WITH RECTANGULAR GRILLES
CLASSIC SHORT WITH RECTANGULAR GRILLES
CLASSIC PLAIN LONG
SHORT WITH SQUARES GRILLES
CLASSIC SHORT WITH SQUARE GRILLES
LONG WITH RECTANGULAR GRILLES
LONG WITH SQUARE GRILLES
CLASSIC LONG WITH SQUARE GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH1 PLAIN
ARCH1 WITH VERTICAL GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH1 WITH VERTICAL GRILLES
ARCH1 WITH GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH 1 WITH GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH2 PLAIN
ARCH2 WITH GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH2 WITH GRILLES
ARCH2 WITH VERTICAL GRILLES
CLASSIC ARCH2 WITH VERTICAL GRILLES
CLASSIC/MODERN KRISTIN SHORT
CLASSIC/MODERN KRISTIN LONG
CLASSIC/MODERN TRENTON SHORT
CLASSIC/MODERN TRENTON LONG
CLASSIC CLAYTON SHORT
CLASSIC CLAYTON LONG
WROUGHT IRON SHORT*
WROUGHT IRON SHORT
WROUGHT IRON LONG*
WROUGHT IRON LONG
WROUGHT IRON ARCH*
classic wrought iron arch
DOUBLE TOP SECTIONS
ARCH3 WITH GRILLES
ARCH3 WITH VERTICAL GRILLES
**Sunset windows not available on Ultra-Grain® doors.
***Contemporary Slim windows available on 2" thick models only. See dealer for availability.
ULTRA-GRAIN CYPRESS MEDIUM FINISH*
ULTRA-GRAIN CYPRESS CHERRY FINISH*
ULTRA-GRAIN CYPRESS WALNUT FINISH*
ULTRA-GRAIN CYPRESS SLATE FINISH*
± Finish will have smooth texture.
For size and color availability, click here
- Available in 3-layer, 2-layer or 1-layer construction
- Insulation options include (R-values from 4.4 to 18.4):
- 2" or 1-3/8" Intellicore® polyurethane
- 2" or 1-3/8" polystyrene
- 1-5/16" vinyl backed polystyrene
- Replaceable vinyl bottom weather seal in rust free aluminum retainer helps protect against the elements.
- Window grilles are removable for easy cleaning.
- Safe T-Bracket® - Prevents serious injury that could occur if the bottom bracket were removed with the garage door closed and under tension.
- Rust-Prevention System - Steel skins are protected through a tough, layered coating system, including a hot-dipped galvanized layer, a protective metal oxide pre-treatment and a baked on primer and top coat.
Safe T-Bracket® Rust-Prevention System
Product complies with 2015 IECC air infiltration requirement of 0.40 cfm/ft2 or less (IECC, Section C402.5.2)
Garage doors featuring Intellicore® insulation technology represent the ultimate smart choice for homeowners. Clopay’s Intellicore® is a proprietary polyurethane foam that is injected into a garage door, expanding to fill the entire structure. The result is a door with incredible strength, energy efficiency, and durability. (Click for details)